Board of Governors’ Meeting Highlights
GAINESVILLE — The Board of Governors advanced several important policy initiatives on Wednesday, approving measures to elevate the State University System and enhance student success.
The Board approved updates to its 2025 Strategic Plan, including new measures to ensure the quality of online courses, new metrics around the employment of bachelor’s degree graduates, and new metrics around graduation rates for students who transfer from the Florida College System with an Associate of Arts degree.
The Board also approved its 2019 System Accountability Plan天天色综合,天天干影视, which combines data from all 12 institutions to ensure the System is on track to meet its 2025 Strategic Plan Goals.
天天色综合,天天干影视“One of our Board’s most important functions is to set the right goals for the System and to make sure those goals are met,” said Ned Lautenbach, chair of the Board of Governors. “That focus on accountability is a key component of our strategy to maintain the State University System’s upward trajectory and drive student success.”
Other meeting highlights include:
· The Board selected Syd Kitson as its new chair and Brian Lamb as its new vice chair for terms beginning January 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2021.
· The Board 天天色综合,天天干影视approved an amended 2020-2021 fixed capital outlay legislative budget request, including approval of its priority capital projects. This was determined based on the new points system, as required by SB 190.
· The Board 天天色综合,天天干影视approved candidates to fill trustee vacancies at all 12 State University System institutions.
· The Board approved the confirmation of University of Florida President Kent Fuchs.
· The Board heard a presentation and a panel 天天色综合,天天干影视on how the State University System Career Centers impact student success, including reaching students early to help them develop career plans as well as connecting them with internship and employment opportunities.
For more information, consult the meeting’s official minutes at http://coralskeppelbaypreview.com/. The Board’s next meeting is January 29-30 at Florida State University in Tallahassee.
Facts about the State University System of Florida and the Board of Governors
The State University System of Florida is a constitutional body led by the 17-member Board of Governors. The system has 12 universities and more than 341,000 students, making it the second-largest public university system in the nation. Responsibilities include defining the distinctive mission of each institution and managing the system’s coordination and operation. The Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the system’s chief executive. For more, visit coralskeppelbaypreview.com or follow us on and